Our team of highly trained physiotherapists are motivated by getting you back to full fitness. We have a huge variety of professional and sporting interests between us.
- BSc.PT (Distinction)
- Member Sports Medicine NZ
- SPNZ (Sports Physiotherapy New Zealand)
- NZ Academy of Sports Carded Provider
- Professional Sports Contract Coordinator⁄Contract Manager
- Team Physiotherapist for TASMAN MAKOS
- Academy of Sports Provider (High–end athletes)
- Advanced Physiotherapy consultant & In–service Provider
- Sport Specific Injury & Rehabilitation for maximum potential ⁄ performance enhancement
- SIJ (Sacroiliac Joint)
- My Family
- Multi Sport (Running, Cycling road⁄mountain bike, Kayak)
- Hiking & Outdoor activities
- Basketball, Rugby, Soccer
- BHSc (Physiotherapy)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sports Medicine
- Sports Physio (Rugby, Cycling, Swimming)
- Kinesio taping
- Provider to NZ swimming, Bike NZ + NZAS
- The great outdoors: Camping, Hunting, Tramping, Fishing, Snowboarding
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Otago, NZ)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sports Medicine
- Sports Physiotherapy (Rugby, Cricket, Winter Sports)
- Mulligan techniques
Born and bred in Highlanders country; I'm a passionate rugby fan. I graduated from Otago University in 2005 with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy and moved to the Hawkes Bay to work in a private sports physio practice and with a number of local and representative rugby union teams. I worked in Sydney both in private practice and for the Rabbitohs under 20's side. I was then privilidged to work with the Samoan team at the 2008 Rugby League World Cup in Australia, before travelling to the UK to do my OE. After a number of rewarding locum positions and some awesome times travelling around Europe, I returned to New Zealand recently to work in Wanaka where I was treating many world–class snowsport athletes.
I started at Sports Therapy in 2011 and enjoy working with the wide variety of athletes in the Nelson region. I am looking forward to working with Waimea Old Boys and Richmond Rabbits over the coming season. I'm enjoying the Nelson lifestyle, doing a bit of spear fishing and working on my golf handicap!
- BSc. Physiotherapy (Cardiff University, UK)
- Msc Module “The foot in Diabetes”
- AACP Foundation Qualification in Acupuncture
- Sports Physio, Pilates & Sports Massage
- Watersports & Wintersports injuries
- The 'glutes'
- Windsurfing, Sailing & Kitesurfing
- Mountain Biking, Snowboarding & Multisport
I am originally from North Wales in the UK. I studied a BSc in Physiotherapy in Cardiff University and qualified with honours in 2006. Following this I worked for the UK National Health Service for 5 years in order to gain good experience in a wide range of fields. It was during this period that I found my love for musculoskeletal and sporting injuries.
In February 2011, I decided that it was time to move on to more exciting and stimulating working environments in New Zealand. I initially worked in New Plymouth, then Tauranga, Wanaka and eventually made my way to Nelson. I enjoy the outdoors and have recently started competing in adventure races which combine many of the sports I enjoy doing. Nelson is such a sporty place and is a great community in which to live and work. It appears New Zealand has captured me well and truly and I can't see myself leaving anytime soon!
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- I enjoy all aspects of physiotherapy and look forward to discovering my passions as my experience grows.
I’m originally from down south in Te Anau. I completed my degree at the University of Otago in Dunedin. The last year of my degree, being entirely placement-based, allowed me to explore the top of the south island. Here I discovered what it was like to be warm in winter! After growing up in a lake town, I’m still adjusting to the concept of tides and occasionally call the sea a lake but I’m looking forward to the new opportunities Nelson life provides (and to purchase my first mountain bike so I can truly fit in).
As a new graduate at Sports Therapy I hope to take advantage of the great team here and learn some new skills to put in my toolbox. In the next few years I hope to complete a post graduate and begin my OE.